Giving Back to Georgian Court University
Giving is at the heart of the Georgian Court University Alumni Association. Whether we donate, fundraise or volunteer, our organization believes in paying it forward. We are driven to give back to the University that has given so much to us.
How Giving Helps GCU
We have received transformational gifts in support of students and student programs. This has enabled GCU to spearhead new and expanded academic offerings, modernized labs and new facilities, and the expansion of our global footprint.
- Scholarships help Georgian Court students imagine and attain a future that may never seemed possible. Nearly 300 students annually receive scholarship support funded through the generosity of donors—that’s $1 million in direct support to students. Scholarship support is critical to GCU students as they often juggle school, work, and family life while pursuing a college degree.
- GCU’s Global Education Program gives students access to study and service abroad. They can leverage those experiences into rewarding careers. Donor support established this program at GCU in 2012, and it continues to make the dream of global education possible with scholarships, travel subsidies, and tools to stay connected abroad and at home.
- A recently established endowment for the Class of 1967 Endowed Speaker Series brings speakers with broad experience to campus. The inaugural speaker, entrepreneur Randal Pinkett, showed how GCU’s dynamic learning environment could benefit from a deeper breadth of knowledge and a transformative experience that reaches beyond the classroom. Recently, Frank DeAngelis, former principal of Columbine High School, shared leadership lessons.
- The Hackensack Meridian Health-Georgian Court Health School of Nursing’s program is designed to address the current and future nursing demands in New Jersey and beyond. Recent contributions to create a nursing observation and simulation lab brought state-of-the-art nursing technology into Hamilton Hall, an historic building on campus. These vital upgrades will help today’s students become tomorrow’s leaders in science and medicine.
- Donors continue to generously support athletic efforts, including the installation of a turf field complex. Thanks to this generous support, GCU will host the Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse and Soccer Championships. GCU student athletes continue to compete and win on the field, in championships, and in life, earning the Helper Award for the most Division II service awards two years in a row.
- Employers are actively seeking students with experience in digital arts, digital communication, technology, and business—all areas in which GCU continues to show visionary focus. Seeing beyond what exists today, GCU emphasizes real-world applied knowledge in the new donor-funded Digital Media Lab, which gives students and faculty access to the newest technology to prepare them for the global job market. Thanks to this gift, GCU students are prepared for jobs of the future.
- We continue to restore and refurbish the cornerstone buildings and gardens on the GCU campus that have captivated students and their families for many years. A number of new and exciting projects are underway at the Mansion, the Casino, and the Japanese Garden. Donor support of ongoing beautification projects continues to enrich Georgian Court.
Give Now: Every Gift Matters
Donor gifts make a significant difference in the ways students learn and prepare for the future. GCU is grateful for the support of donors who have helped us accomplish so much.
Want to find out about all the ways to give? View options below.
Unrestricted giving to GCU’s Lion’s Fund helps the University address the greatest needs at the moment. An unrestricted gift may provide a scholarship, support the work of our academic programs, offer students opportunities to participate in cocurricular activities, allow the University to purchase cutting-edge technology, or help maintain our historic buildings and grounds. While all gifts offer important support for the University’s mission, unrestricted donations are especially helpful.
Donations toward general scholarships are used for the general purposes of the University in awarding merit and other scholarships to students. Scholarships help Georgian Court students imagine and attain a future that never seemed possible. Each year, nearly 300 students receive scholarship support funded through the generosity of donors.
Support GCU’s athletic programs and enhance the student-athlete experience in the University’s NCAA Division II and CACC athletic programs.
Faculty and Staff Campaign
Faculty and staff can participate in the yearly GCU Annual Giving Campaign, which gives them the opportunity to make a charitable contribution to the University. Choosing to donate to the Annual Giving Campaign says that you believe strongly in the mission of our University and are willing to support it above and beyond your everyday work.